Changing Children's Lives
HOW WE HELP
Caudwell Children transforms the lives of disabled children across the UK.
We act as a safety net for families who are unable to gain the help they need.
Caudwell Children provides:
- – Family support services and short break activities, at times of crisis.
- – Mobility and Sensory Equipment.
- – Access to life-saving surgeries and treatments.
- – Life changing therapy and support programmes for children with Cerebral Palsy and brain injuries.
- – Holistic therapies and support programmes for autistic children and their families.
- – Sports equipment to enable talented athletes to participate in competitive sport.
- – Fully supported family holidays for children fighting life threatening illnesses.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
The Charity’s management and running costs are covered by a kind benefactor so that donations go directly to help children in need.
We don’t believe in waiting lists for children
We treat families and their children as individuals
We’re a national charity with a local heart
- There are currently 770,000 disabled children living in the UK.
- It is estimated that 400,000 families with disabled children are living in or on the margins of poverty..
- Every week 104 children die from a childhood illness.
- 100 children a week are born with a disability.
- Families with a disabled child on average need five pieces of equipment to provide basic care.
- There are approximately 100,000 children in the UK currently awaiting appropriate mobility equipment.
- Every 30 minutes a child will be diagnosed with a brain injury.
- 2000 babies are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy each year.
- 55% of families with a disabled child live in or on the margins of poverty.
- 80% of families with a disabled child say that they are at breaking point.
Sign in with